Relevant Skills/ Experience/Accomplishments:
• Author of two books and numerous articles.
• Drafted the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Web Standard policy. This Standard is a required standard for all Executive Branch agencies with a Web presence.
• Provided press release content for the Office of the Governor, the Secretary of Technology, and the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA).
• Skilled in web marketing, usability research, and strategic positioning
• Technical writing, fiction and nonfiction writing, copywriting, and documentation experience in both the public and private sectors.
• 15 years of experience in private business, federal, state, and local government project management, design, business analysis, strategic and branding direction, and Web consulting.
• Specific areas of expertise include content management systems, privacy and security policies, creative and cutting edge direction, Web marketing, project management, and usability.
• Led the creation and design of the Virginia.gov web site, the Commonwealth of Virginia’s state portal for 7 years.
• Managed the User Experience Group for COMSYS
• Evaluated multiple content management systems for use by the Commonwealth of Virginia, and implemented and maintained the selected solution. Cost savings to the Commonwealth to date are in excess of $800,000.
• Won the government’s prestigious “Best of the Web” contest four times.
• Won multiple e-government awards, including the 2002 EGOV Pioneer award for Live Help, the Government Technology Leadership award in 2000 for the first personalized government Web page, and the CIVIC 50 Award in 2002 for the Virginia Live Help.
• COVITS (Commonwealth of Virginia Information Technology Symposium) Presenter, 2002, 2001.
• Managed key relationships by working closely with both internal and external corporate and state partners and internal divisions.
Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA), Richmond,
Bachelor of Science Degree, Psychology, 1991 • Virginia Commonwealth University – Richmond, VA
Post-Graduate Work, Social Psychology and Human Factors, 1995 • Virginia Commonwealth University – Richmond, VA
Organizations / Affilations:
is located in and has the following skills: