Do you or your child need help with school or an upcoming exam?
Are you looking for an intelligent, experienced, and dependable tutor to whom you or your child can relate?
Look no further!
I graduated Summa Cum Laude (GPA = 3.98) from UCSD with a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics/Applied Science, and I've been accepted at top Ph.D. programs nationwide. (I'm taking a short sabbatical and will begin work on my Ph.D. in fall 2009 or 2010.)
I have been tutoring for nearly 10 years, specializing in math. I absolutely love teaching and helping students achieve their academic goals.
I founded Simple Solutions Tutoring, in which I:
• Tutor MATH, physics, science, SAT/CHSPE/CAHSEE/GRE/CBEST/CSET preparation, and other subjects
• Have tutored a wide range of students, ages 7 - 39, some continuously for more than 2 years
• Focus on conceptual foundations, study skills, and test taking strategies
• Collaborate with parents, teachers, and school counselors to create effective individual study programs
• Serve not only as a source of educational knowledge but also motivation
• Empower students with the tools necessary to begin teaching themselves
• Help students feel confident in themselves and their work
I have had great success with my students and excellent parent feedback. I am able to simplify complex concepts and explain things in an easy-to-understand manner. In addition to being a knowledgeable and effective teacher, I am able to build trust and companionship with my students as one of their peers, instead of being someone with whom they dread meeting.
I come from a family of teachers-- my dad teaches physics at UCI, and my mom teaches K-8 in the Irvine Unified School District.
Elementary school, middle school, high school, college, standardized tests, teaching credential... I do it all!
References are available upon request, as well as letters of recommendation which I can e-mail to you immediatel
Relevant Education / Credentials
-Summa Cum Laude - B.A., Mathematics/Applied Science, UCSD, June 2008
-Acceptance to top PhD programs nationwide in physical oceanography
-2007 Nominated Participant of the Undergraduate Leadership Workshop at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado
-2006 Recipient of the UCSD Physical Sciences Dean's Award for Academic Excellence
- Nearly 10 years of tutoring experience
- Have tutored a wide range of students, ages 7 - 39, some continuously for more than 2 years
Years Experience: 10