What we do, if we are successful, is to stir interest in the matter at hand, awaken enthusiasm for it, arouse a curiosity, kindle a feeling, fire up the imagination...
- Professor Julius Sumner Miller, 1992
Objective: To pursue a career in elementary education in a non-traditional setting with a student centered philosophy. To Tutor students in subjects that they are struggling with and kindle understanding and enthusiasm.
Summary of Qualifications
Personal integrity and professional orientation provide the foundation for outstanding performance through:
· Sensitivity to the individual strengths and learning styles of all children.
· Strong Interpersonal skills used to productively relate to administration, peers and families in culturally diverse environments.
· Compassion to enhance the self worth and progress of all children.
· Passion to thoroughly enjoy children as they grow, learn and express new ideas.
· Excellent communication skills that enable me to be a team player that is willing to provide leadership.
· I am organized yet flexible enough to adapt to the moment.
Ann Arbor Leaning Community, Ann Arbor Area School District
Ann Arbor, Michigan Student Teacher (Fourth and Fifth grade) Fall 2007
I obtained comprehensive experience in a fourth and fifth grade classroom and utilized traditional and contemporary methods of instruction in a general education classroom with students of all abilities. I taught all subject areas with duties ranging from lesson planning and organizing activities to applying and integrating the curriculum.
· Demonstrated proficiency using cooperative learning, inductive reasoning, interactive lessons, integrated curriculum, and learning centers.
· Collaborated with a fourth grade teacher to create an enrichment program based on Science Olympiad activities.
Organizations / Affilations:
is located in and has the following skills: