Writing skills developed with experiences in writing for magazines, a weekly newspaper and content for the web and blogs. Other writing experiences include research reports, and managing the production of an annual report, which include doing the graphics within budget. Interviewed subject matter experts to gather the information needed to produce the required reports to complete assigned projects. Additional experiences include managing a $600,000 food production operation (not inclusive of wages) for a county hospital, as well as eight years of financial sales and customer service. Also, taught in Stamford, CT., public schools, conversational English in South Korea, and culinary basics at a community college.
Skills: Microsoft Office (Mac and PC), and have recent training in Adobe InDesign CS3 and C# programming. Also have basic knowledge of accounting and graphics.
Seattle Homes & Lifestyles Magazine – Seattle, WA February 2008 – August 2008
• Fact checked articles as assigned and the monthly calendar of events that was of interest to the magazine.
• Interviewed writers if they were to be included in the Contributors column.
• Researched items for articles for the ‘In Good Taste’ section of the magazine.
• Wrote articles for various magazine sections as assigned – ‘In Good Taste’, ‘Room For Improvement’, ‘Contributors’ and contributed to the ‘Real Estate’ section with writings about condominium construction in Seattle and Bellevue.
• Contributed to the SH&L Blog - http://seattlehomesmag.com/Seattle-Homes-and-Lifestyles/Blog/ the dates are 8-26 and 6-10.
Lake Washington Technical College – Kirkland, WA September 2003 – December 2003
Tech Aid – Temporary Position
• Taught basic culinary skills and commercial kitchen methods.
• Generated recipes and wrote methods and procedures.
• Record keeping of attendance, homework
Bellevue Community College – Bellevue, WA August 2007 – January 2009
Technical Writing Certificate
Culinary Institute of America – Hyde Park, NY July 1993 – April 1995
AOS Degree in Culinary Arts
Sacred Heart University – Fairfield, CT October 1982 – June 1983
Credits toward a Masters of Business Administration
Mercyhurst College – Erie, PA September 1976 – June 1979
Bachelors of Arts Degree (Transferred credits from Gannon University)
Organizations / Affilations:
is located in and has the following skills: