TAX CONSULTING PRACTICE
(November 2001- Current)
· Provide contract based tax consulting services for a diverse set of clients and provide ongoing quality technical tax support to management.
· Manage the implementation of existing tax strategies to achieve timely tax savings.
· Perform tax structure overviews and identify savings and refund opportunities.
· Consult high wealth individual taxpayers on tax planning.
· Represent taxpayers on IRS and FTB tax matters.
· Provide contract tax services to other CPAs.
FLEXTRONICS INTERNATIONAL, SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA
DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE TAXES
(Worked June 1999 - November 2001)
· Manage Corporate Tax Department and provide technical support to top management and other finance functions.
· Manage a 10% effective tax rate for a $13 billion company.
· Implemented and maintain a portfolio of various tax strategies saving over $110 million in taxes annually.
· Evaluation and planning of corporate mergers, divestitures, acquisitions, strategic alliances, foreign entity formation, and day-to-day operational issues.
· Performed or coordinated tax due diligence work on the acquisition of over 100 legal entities.
· Domestic and international tax research and planning including Sec. 482 transfer price strategies and compliance.
· Develop and implement multi-state tax minimization strategies.
· SFAS 109 compliance and planning including monitoring and planning of global effective tax rate and earnings per share projections.
WATKINS-JOHNSON COMPANY, PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA
DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE TAXES AND EXTERNAL REPORTING
(Worked November 1991 – June 1999)
· Manage global corporate strategic tax planning and implementation.
· Supervise the preparation of consolidated federal, multi-state, and FSC income tax returns, including quarterly estimated tax payments.
· Coordination and preparation of annual and quarterly reports to shareholders including SEC Forms 10-K, and EDGAR compliance.
SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY, SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
· B.S. Business Administration, major in accounting, graduated Magna Cum Laude, 3.74 G.P.A.
GOLDEN GATE UNIVERSITY, SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
· M.S. in Taxation, 3.77 G.P.A.
Organizations / Affilations:
MEMBER-AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS AND
CALIFORNIA SOCIETY OF CPAs
is located in and has the following skills: