Category: Sports / Recreation
My fitness philosophy:
To choose to be fit, whatever your definition of fit is, is a personal choice. Friends, partners, even trainers can be a source of great encouragement, but none of them can do it for you. To choose to be fit means to make a personal commitment, a contract with yourself, that you’ll do what it takes and that you’ll persevere through the easy times and though the hard times. It comes with the understanding that in fitness there are no shortcuts or magic potions to have the body or level of fitness that you want.
To choose to be fit is to start in a journey towards a better, healthier, more relaxed, happier, energetic and balanced you. Regardless of age or ability level, it’s a journey of continuous learning and exploration. A journey where we discover our true potential, and sometimes limits. This journey has no real destination for we are always striving towards new goals while we continue to define what is possible.
My training methodology:
My training methodology is based on my “PER-FORM” approach to training. I emphasize PERFECT FORM (i.e. quality) over endless sets (i.e. quantity). Having perfect form when lifting weights is important for two reasons: 1) If you don’t do the exercises with the correct movements or technique then you won’t be able to stress the muscle in the most efficient way to induce a positive physical adaptation. 2) Sooner or later you will get injured.
My teaching approach:
I have been teaching and instructing a variety of subjects for most of my life. In this time, I came to learn and understand that not everyone learns the same way. As a teacher, one can not teach in the way that one wants to teach, but we have to do it in a way that's best for our students to learn from. As such, I combine all the different learning styles (by doing, by watching, by listening or a mix of these three) and find creative ways with which best teach you the fundamentals of weight training and how to lead a more balanced, fit and
Relevant Education / Credentials
* N.E.S.T.A. Personal Training Certification
* N.E.S.T.A. Advance Personal Training Certification
* TRX Suspension Training® Certification
* CrossFit Level I Certification
* YMCA Personal Training Instructor Certification
* YMCA Principles of Health and Fitness Certification
* YMCA Group Fitness Instructor Certification
* Mad Dogg Certified Spinning Program Instructor Certification
* American Heart Association CPR Certification
* A.C.E. Personal Training Certification (pending)
* American Canoeing Association - Open Coast Instructor Certification
* American Canoeing Association - Surf Zone Endorsement Certification
* Black Belts: Judo, Taekwon-Do, Ninjutsu
Years Experience: 7