Independent Consultant: katieandfrancis.com
Richmond, Virginia (4/2005 to present)
• Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Wireless Networking hardware.
• Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Broadband and Wide Area Network hardware.
• Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Ethernet Switches.
MIS Coordinator Gene Codes Forensics
Office of Chief Medical Examiner, New York, New York (6/2002 - 3/2005)
• Designed and installed workgroup Local Area Network within existing enterprise network to facilitate work within the WTC DNA Identification Unit.
• Upgraded and maintained SQL server and software used for analyzing victims’ DNA profiles.
• Integrated Apple laptops into Local Area Network using Apple Airport Wireless Access Point.
• Maintained and optimized PCs and peripherals used for victim identification.
Professional Experience (continued)
Network Engineer Market Strategies, Inc.
Portland, Oregon (8/1994 - 8/2001)
• Installed and upgraded servers from Novell 3.12 to 4 to 5, Microsoft NT 3.51 to NT 4 to Win 2000.
• Migrated enterprise from cc:Mail to Lotus Notes.
• Migrated enterprise from Lotus SmartSuite to Corel Office Suite to Microsoft Office 2000.
• Implemented new hardware rotation scheme to insure users were getting the latest PC technology.
• Migrated enterprise to Broadband first using ISDN then Frame Relay.
• Specified and installed RAID storage system.
• Installed new robotic Tape Backup Unit and implemented backup scheme.
• Involved in build-out of new 50 seat phone center.
• Specified and managed network and telco wiring build-out of office extension.
• Installed and upgraded PCs from Windows 3.11 to Win 95 to Win 98 to Win 2000 to Windows XP.
• Hired, trained and managed three assistants.
Programmer/Network Administrator Infomax Corporation
Portland, Oregon (7/1990 - 8/1994)
• Managed and expanded network as company workforce expanded.
• Managed move of both network and equipment to
Organizations / Affilations:
is located in and has the following skills: