Medical Transcriptionist, Alaska Urological Associates, Anchorage, AK (1998-Present)
• Transcribe and edit recorded material, including patient history and examinations, physician letters, and notes for minimum of five providers in the office.
• Verify accuracy of patient information such as name and identification number; verify accuracy of transcription for correct punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
Medical Transcriptionist for the following companies and dates with the same duties as listed above:
• Grendahl Eye Associates, Anchorage, AK (04/01-05/06)
• Providence Family Practice Center, Anchorage, AK (01/01-12/03)
• Alaska Heart Institute, Anchorage, AK (02/98-03/01)
• Michael J. Geitz, MD, Anchorage, AK (05/97-05/98)
• Alaska Center for Family Medicine, Anchorage, AK (04/97-02/98)
State of Alaska Child Support Enforcement Division, Anchorage, AK (06/83-04/97)
• Worked at various jobs starting with Clerk-Typist III position and ending with a CSEO III position which was a managerial position. CSEO III duties included planning and developing administrative and legal policy and procedures in accordance with Federal and State law to review and adjust child support orders. Supervised and managed teams assigned to my section to ensure appropriate judicial and administrative application of laws. Prepared performance evaluations for personnel assigned to me.
University of Alaska, Anchorage (09/96-04/97)
• Medical transcription
• Medical terminology
Clark Community College, Vancouver, WA (09/81-03/82)
Washington State University, Pullman, WA (09/78-08/80)
Organizations / Affilations:
is located in and has the following skills: