Category: Marketing / Sales
In a normal "Bricks & Mortar" business the avenues to successful marketing are well established and traditional...use advertising in all it's forms.
Happy customers telling everyone they know, print and TV media, direct contact (mail & telemarketing) and signs and window advertising at your business location.
Your online business requires a new set of marketing techniques and skills. If you have "store-front" business and you want to add sales from Internet customers ...good for you!
You may use all the conventional forms of advertising to drive customers to your website for further product or service information, complete catalog of items for sale and a shopping cart form for your customers to complete the sale.
However... if you have a "virtual-business" and all activities are online, there are some things you will need to understand and do consistently and well.
• A proper domain name... relates to your product or services and is easy to remember by your customers.
• Good, reliable web-hosting... anticipate traffic volume, ample bandwidth, database options, and merchant services.
• Well designed website... Clean, uncluttered, easy to navigate, fast loading and attractive.
�� Website must have certain elements... URL search-engine friendly, complete meta tag information and a site map.
• Content... "Content is King" every page must be packed full of the essential information about your business.
• Spread the word... Directory listings, Blogs, Social Networking, and Video Posting are critical.
• Time on site... you must treat your site as a "Work-in Progress"... Add, change and modify, every day if possible.
Relevant Education / Credentials
Years Experience: 30