PRESTON FIELDS, PH.D.
19126 Olympic Crest Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91351
Office/FAX: (661) 299-5760
Cell: (818) 253-5365
SKILLS AND CHARACTER
Skills: Supervising/training, teaching, tutoring, marketing of independent practices, clinical research, SPSS and SAS programs, multivariate statistical analysis, problem-solving, organizational, communication, Excel and Word programs.
Character: Independent or team-player, strong work ethic, high self-motivation and self-discipline.
Ph.D. Counseling Psychology: University of California, Los Angeles, CA. GPA 3.92.
M.A. Clinical/Community Psychology: California State University, Northridge, CA. GPA 3.93.
B.A. Psychology: University of California, Los Angeles, CA. GPA 3.40.
HONORS AND AWARDS
Member of Psi Chi and American Psychological Association; listed in Metropolitan Directory of Executives, Professionals & Entrepreneurs and in National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals; graduated with distinction from C.S.U.N.; awards from city of Los Angeles for providing services to geriatric population at OPICA Adult Day-care Center.
Private Tutor: StudyPros, Santa Clarita, CA (01/09 – present).
Lighthouse Learning Center, Santa Clarita, CA (08/08 – present).
The Tutoring Center, Santa Clarita, CA (05/08 – 09/08).
• Provide initial assessment and private individualized tutoring in the home, tutoring facility, or library.
• Subjects include mathematics, statistics, English, and psychology through the high school level, as well as CAHSEE and PSAT/SAT/ACT preparation.
• Specialize in tutoring children at all levels of learning, including those with disabilities.
• Assist students in learning ways to manage test anxiety and develop better study skills/habits.
• Extensively marketed The Tutoring Center’s services to local private schools and reli
Ph.D. Education, UCLA, 1991.
M.A. Clinical Psychology, CSUN, 1985.
B.A. Psychology, UCLA, 1982.
Organizations / Affilations:
is located in and has the following skills: