James S. Houston 3312 NW 54th Terrace 352-226-8069
Gainesville, FL 32606 El.email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications
Over ten years experience in Information Technology, customer support and IT management. Hold CompTIA A+, MCP, and various Dell certifications. Experienced with Cisco VPN products and SQL Server 2005. Have completed training for Network+ and Microsoft Vista Technology certifications, expected completion date for exams Dec 2008.
LifeSouth Community Blood Center, Gainesville, FL Aug 2008 to Nov 2008
Network Operations Manager
• Hired trained and reviewed Help Desk and Network Operations personnel
• Managed day to day operations of IT Help Desk and Network Operations Center
Abbey Group Consultants, Ocala, FL Jan 2008 to Apr 2008
• Provided help desk tech support for Marion County Sheriff’s Office law enforcement, troubleshooting jail management software.
BancTec Apr 2007 to Dec 2007
Senior Customer Engineer, Franklin, TN
• Provided Dell and LexMark customer support for large industrial client, including hardware and applications support.
Shoney’s Inc, Nashville, TN Dec 1995 to Apr 2007
Manager of Information Technology/POS Services
• Created Help Desk and POS Support for 230 restaurant operations across 19 states.
• Hired and trained Level 1 and Level 2 IT support staff
• Developed IT related restaurant systems and procedures
• Acted as point of contact for IT and POS related issues between corporate and franchise operations.
Information Services Support Technician, Level II
• Maintain and troubleshoot server and server based applications in over 200 remote locations.
• Worked closely with developers and senior staff in developing IT strategies and solutions
• Supervisory position dealing with developers and systems engineers.
Information Services Helpdesk Team Leader
• Provided help desk support to over 1000 restaurant operations
Organizations / Affilations:
Society for Creative Anachronism
is located in and has the following skills: