GREGORY S. JONES
149 Poplar Ave.
Shelby, Ohio 44875
Objective:College Golf Coach - Head Golf Professional
• More than 20 years of managerial, marketing and sales experience in the golf business.
• The understanding of problem solving, business development, oral and written communication.
• Golf facility design.
• Working long hours, being very productive and extremely dependable.
• A never stop attitude.
• Very comfortable and proficient at the computer (mass e-mails – fliers – advertisements- ect)
1992 – 2008 Vic’s Golf & Teaching Center
• Designed and built a 43 acre complete golf retail and teaching center.
• Start-Up Business - Grew a first year retail sales of $250,000.00 gross income business into one of the top 10% annual gross income producing golf facilities in the United States with yearly sales reaching as high as $1,200,000.00.
• Highly effective leadership, marketing, merchandising, communication, motivational and inspirational skills, which led to Vic’s Golf & Teaching Center being named as one of the top 10 ranges in Ohio.
• Honored with the Mansfield Chamber Of Commerce "Customers Come First 2006 Business of The Year” award for quality of service, customer satisfaction, product knowledge, and community involvement.
• Very effectively advertised in house programs and specials.
• Motivated sales staff and instructors to perform at higher sales levels.
• Ordering - shop set-up – product pricing.
• Posses a strong commitment and the understanding to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
• Developed strong and lasting relationships with vendors, companies and customers.
• Named Mansfield’s News Journal “Teacher Of The Year”
• Golf instructor at the Ohio State University (Credited Class) for the past 3 years.
• Master Club Fitter
Organizations / Affilations:
is located in and has the following skills: