1. We have story time, calendar skills including the Month, the date, the day of the week and the year. We discuss the weather outside, our color, shape, number and letter of the week, and what we will be planning to do that day.
2. Arts & Crafts - almost every day, the children make a project that relates to the monthly theme, the letter/number/color of the month, or a special holiday that is happening.
3. Kindergarten Reading Skills - the children are read to EVERY day during circle time, at naptime, and the children can ask to be read to at times other than story time. We work on learning basic sight words, recognition of shapes, colors, numbers, and the children's names. We practice saying our ABC's and counting to 10.
4. Music and Movement - the children are exposed to many different styles of music, and are encouraged to dance, sing, and just enjoy the music. Lullabies, classical music, and other relaxing sounds are played during preschool time, as well as a means to help the children relax at naptime.
5. We learn songs that help the children with their learning skills. We learn color songs, days of the week, weather songs, and so much more! Kids learn by doing and some songs have motion to them which kids love to do.
6. Children will be participating in mini field trips at various times throughout the week and other trips to libraries, museums, zoos, parks, and age-appropriate destinations. During the summer we do a lot of swimming. We teach each child basic swimming and safety to safeguard them for life. During swim times there is a ratio of 3 adults to 4 children. One adult will remain a non-participant acting as lifeguard.
is located in and has the following skills:
Family Day Care Provider - In Home
, Home / Domestic
, Health / Fitness