Charles G. Perkins, MSAC, CPA
2853 SW 167th Place
Burien, WA 98166
(206) 422-5504 firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Accounting ~ Management Accounting ~ Tax Compliance
Over 15 years experience in preparing, analyzing and reviewing financial statements for companies in several industries. Managed the budget process, prepared GAAP financial reports, reviewed and established accounting procedures and reviewed internal control structures. Analyzed revenue and cost trends in order to maintain or beat budgeted expectations and prepared ad hoc reports as required.
Rhodes Architectural Stone 2005 – Current
• Monthly GAAP financial statement preparation, analysis and review.
• Responsible for multi-state tax compliance including nexus review, research and tax preparation
• General ledger maintenance and monthly reconciliation of the balance sheet
• Setup a product pricing model and several reports to analyze project and product costs
• Prepare monthly variance reports, examined monthly financial statements
• Process improvements to insure proper internal controls were in place
• Budget preparation, metrics reporting and special ad hoc reports as requested
• Ongoing financial, budgeting and internal process review consulting
? Developed a cost accounting system for analyzing product and project costs.
? Created a data warehouse to assist in preparing ad hoc reports and analyses.
? Developed a procedure for monitoring transaction for any potential use tax issues along with a monthly checklist to limit tax exposure.
? Studied freight and other cost data for trends, and to assist in developing standard cost models. Freight was broken into 15 components to arrive at standardized freight costs per product and to buil
Strayer University - Masters in Accounting
Central Washington - Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Dale Carnegie - Public Speaking
Organizations / Affilations:
AICPA - American Institute of CPAs
WSCPA - Washington Society of CPAs
IMA - Institute of Management Accountants
is located in and has the following skills: