Phone Coaching Business Mentor
Six Reasons to Build a Phone Coaching Business
by LaSara Firefox,
The benefits of transition your face-to-face practice to a phone-based model are numerous. Here are six reasons to begin that transition today.
1. Geography; you can be anywhere, and serve clients all over the world.
2. Mobility; you can travel, and still be available to your clients.
3. Save time and money; fewer hours traveling means less money spent on gas and fewer hours lost in your work day. And, your clients don't need to travel to you either, so you're saving your clients time and money, too.
4. Reduce your carbon footprint; if you drive 60 miles a day (a low-average for most Americans just to work and back), five days a week, and your car gets 25 miles to the gallon, you are producing 11,290 pounds of carbon a year.
5. You can work from home; how great would it be to be there when your kids get home from school? I can tell you it's great. I build in a break at 3:20 on my "kid days", so that when my girls get off the bus I can give (and get) hugs, hear about the school day, hang out for a few, share a snack, and set the monkeys up with activities before I dive back in to my work.
6. Flexibility of scheduling; you can choose what hours you want to be on the phone, and work it around your life. As opposed to an office environment, you have the flexibility to easily accommodate clients in other time zones or with non-standard work hours. And, you can shape your coaching hours around your own needs, too. (Like to go for a run after coffee, but before the heat of the day sets in? Me too! I build my schedule to support my self-care routine.)
Relevant Education / Credentials
I am a successful coach, and I perform over 98% of my coaching hours on the phone.
Years Experience: 3