Cosmetologist 08-2008 to Current
• Keep work stations clean and sanitize tools such as scissors and combs
• Cut, trim and shape hair based on customer’s instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razor.
• Analyze patrons’ hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hairstyles.
• Demonstrate and sell hair care products.
Corporate Immigration Paralegal 05-2006 to 05-2008
• Work directly with attorneys and partners on cases involving granting permission for foreign nationals to work in the U.S. Carry out multiple aspects of case preparation.
• Communicate regularly with the foreign nationals to ensure all paperwork acquired and properly completed, all fees accounted for and all host company regulations adhered to.
• Prepare and file Adjustments of Status, H-1B, Immigrant Visa petitions, TN Petitions and Change of Status applications.
• Managed a heavy caseload and constant follow up performed.
• Software used: Lotus Notes, Westlaw, Windows, Word, Excel, and INS Zoom.
Salon Manager 02-2002 to 10-2004
• Managed and/or coordinated phases of opening of new franchise salon, working directly with the owner and general manager to create operating procedures, develop guidelines, recruit staff and set up human resources functions
• Provided leadership and direction to the staff. Held weekly, monthly and quarterly staff meetings as well as one-on-one monthly meetings. Ensured compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Played key role in building business from initial start up to more than $4,000 per week in less than seven months and keeping business on track.
• Worked with employees to emphasize sales of salons’ brand or products. Promoted services and retail items to guests.
• Coordinated implementation of new touch screen salon system. Trained with vendor and then performed all computer system training for all 13 salons.
• Maintained database of customers for use in
Metropolitan College 2005
Received a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies and a Associates in Paralegal studies
Shasta School of Cosmetology 1997
Passed State board and received a Cosmetology License
Organizations / Affilations:
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul
is located in and has the following skills: